Monday, April 12, 2010

school?

The more I think about it, the more I realize that I no longer have a desire to go back to school. At least, not in the foreseeable future. Any degree that I could get in the next couple of years wouldn't really pay a lot more than I'm already making. Plus, there's a lot to be said about leaving this place that I work at, and not even thinking about it again until I have to return. My evenings are my own.

If I ever did go back, I'd like to finish nursing (which would give me a substantial raise in income), but I am not going to work AT ALL while I do this, and that's just not feasible at this point in time.

I just remember this time last year, when I'd work all day only to go home and have to do homework all evening.

That's not to say that I won't seek other ways to educate myself. I've been reading more lately (mostly nonfiction). I can't stand to let my brain go "idle."

God will show me whether I should go back to school or not. Right now, I'm at a happy place. I like my job pretty well, and it pays enough to pay the bills. I'm happy.

No comments: