Monday, April 5, 2010

I'm not asking anyone to believe what I believe. Of course, I want all to know the love and peace I've found in Jesus Christ and to experience that for themselves. But I'm not hitting anyone over the head with the Bible. They know the story. I think the only way to point people in the direction of Christ is to show love. Love your enemies and do good things for them. That's the only way to change hearts. Love is the only way.
I'm not one of those people that goes around saying, You're going to hell. I don't know that. That's God's place to judge, not mine.

I try to respect people, regardless of their beliefs. I wish people would do the same for me and not make assumptions that i'm this ultra right wing, hateful person. I am just trying to live my life the way Jesus said we should. With love and grace and a servant's heart. I just wish that people would not mock my faith. I don't go around making fun of other religions, or atheists, or agnostics, and would appreciate the same respect.
But even if I don't get the same respect, it's OK. I'm not entitled to anything and I will still love those people anyway, whether they like it or not :0)

For the record, I do have a few atheist/agnostic friends that DO respect me, and I respect them. I love them all the more for it. You know who you are. Thank you.

No comments: