Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Yesterday was the ten year anniversary of when I accepted Christ. When I truly did. Winter solstice, 1999. I will never forget it. I thank God so much for giving me a second chance. And a third and fourth and fifth........
When I was younger, around 11 or so, I prayed the salvation prayer because the southern baptists had me so scared of hell. It meant nothing. I didn't even tell anyone. Nothing changed.

In 1999, I accepted Christ out of love, not fear. Fear will not cause anyone to really, truly change. I fell in love with this Man, Jesus. The author Donald Miller says that sometimes you have to watch someone love something before you can love it yourself. That is so true.

Every once in a while, when I see friends grow closer to God, or accept Christ, it makes me fall in love all over again.

Some days I don't feel very spiritual. I don't feel like reading the Bible or praying very much. Luckily, God's love for me never changes. I've learned that the relationship I have with Him is not based on how spiritual I feel. He will never leave me or forsake me. Sometimes, I drift off course and do stupid things and put other things ahead of Him (frequently, actually), but He always welcomes me back with open arms.

It doesn't get much better than that.

So everytime it gets cold, I'm reminded of His love, and grace. I love winter :0)

Be blessed.

No comments: