Sunday, May 2, 2010

Final day of cruise

The next morning I woke up and we had breakfast on the lido. It was still cooler and kind of rainy. I soaked in the hot tub again and watched the ocean roll by.

Later that day, Mom and I participated in the "Groove for Saint Jude" fundraiser. We purchased the t shirts and then went to a dance party in the disco. There was even a hula hoop contest. I remember my mom telling me that she was the hula hoop champion as a child, and I nudged her on down to enter the contest. Eight contestants competed, and it came down to her and an eight year old boy!!! They called it a tie, and they both won a plastic trophy shaped like the ship. I laughed my ass off. It was awesome. Go Mom!!!!!!!

Later that evening, Mom and I went to another show. This one was called Night Club Express and featured dancers from various famous nightclubs throughout the decades (think the Copa, the Cotton club, discoteques, swing dancers, etc). It was really pretty cool, though nothing could compare to the Beatles show. Then we went to dinner. I had veal parmesan. It was really delicious.

After dinner, we went to check out the comic Kenny Miller again. This evening, he was doing his 18 and up show. Mom and I sat in the second row. He started doing the bit where he singled people out in the audience. He singled me out and asked if I was even old enough to be in the show. I told him yes, that I was 27. I also pointed out to him that I was splitting a beer with my mom (I guess that is kind of funny). He laughed at me and told me I needed to start living life a little harder. He started talking about music and later on asked me what I listened to, Justin Bieber?? All throughout the show I was dubbed Justin Bieber girl (even though I had my Ramones shirt on, haha). It was really funny. He was a lot funnier that night than he was with the all ages show.

We capped the evening off by going to listen to (you guessed it) The Music Highlights in Cat's Lounge. They played the Rolling Stones and the Kinks and all kinds of other awesomeness. I danced a lot. All in all, it was a fantastic way to end an amazing trip.

The next morning, we were docked back at Mobile. Mom and I decided to take our own luggage off the ship and to get off sooner, and started getting off at around 7:30. Customs and border patrol had a really long line, and my suitcase kept falling off its wheels and I ended up dragging it most of the way. By the time we got home, I had discovered that my suitcase had a couple of small holes in it from dragging it around, and my favorite halter dress had a big hole it in too!!! I loved that dress and have had it for like 5 years. Very sad. I am going to try to salvage it if I can.

I had a really fun time on the trip, but I was so glad to see Hubby. I missed him so much!! Because I was at sea most of the time, I was barely able to speak to him in four days (costs for cell calls at sea are really high - I did make one though.)

All in all, a good time was had. Already plotting our next trip.

No comments: