Wednesday, November 11, 2009

random end of year/holiday musings

Random thoughts:

Should I go ahead and download Exene Cervenka's solo album on iTunes or order the CD from Amazon? I want to listen to it asap, but there's also something to be said about buying the CD and getting the liner notes, etc. Amazon's review reads as follows:
"Somewhere Gone, Exene's first solo album since 1991, is a sometimes dreamy but always intimate, circuitous passage through folk and country; subdued, but no less edgy. Invoking other artists who travel easily between the worlds of words and music like Leonard Cohen and Patti Smith, Exene's lyrics and immediately recognizable, simultaneously fragile and totemic vocals carry all the passion of X without all the loud.Sonically, Somewhere Gone is a sometimes sparse, sometimes exuberant blend of folk, deep country and wide-open spaces.Exene is a genuine icon and inspiration to a generation."

That being said, I think I will download it from iTunes. If I really like it, I may buy the CD later.


Here in a few minutes, I'm going to be taking a training course on Windows 7. Someone wake me up in 45 minutes, please.

I really need to start Christmas shopping, soon. I have to shop for the following peoples: Mom and Dad, Mom and Dad Perkins, Grandma, Ging, Lindley and Mel (joint gift for them, likely), Gabriel, Katie, Maggie, Kaleb, my uncle David, Dav's uncle Randy, Larry and Fran.... I know I am missing someone here, but it's just not coming to me. I would love love love to buy my friends gifts as well, but the money situation just isn't shaping up to look like I will be able to. I am going to send out cards though, probably toward the end of the month.

I am looking forward to the holiday mania, honestly. I am blessed with wonderful family on both sides. I look forward to Christmas Eve with the Perkins every year and Christmas day with my family. Christmas morning is my immediate family (Mom, Dad, me, Dav, Lin, Mel and Gabe), then the whole extended family comes over that afternoon (around 50 people).

Not sure what we are doing for New Years Eve this year, but we will come up with something fun. It's my favorite time of year, and 2010 has GOT to be better than 2009. I hope anyway.....

My goals for next year include paying off my credit card, and hopefully Dav's as well. Our lease on the apartment expires next September, so I hope to be house shopping by then :0)


...............................................

No comments: