Sunday, March 28, 2010

beautiful dream

A few nights ago, I dreamt that Dav and I had our first child, a beautiful daughter. I dreamt that she was only three months old, but she looked to be around 18 months old or so in the dream. She looked a lot like Dav and was the most beautiful person I have ever seen. She had pale blonde curls, ice blue eyes and a pale complexion with rosy cheeks. She looked like an angel.

I woke up, rather sad that she wasn't real. I want to have children soon, but I know we aren't ready yet. Maybe in another couple of years.

In other news...

Lately Dav and I have been taking trips to various places and hiking with the nicer weather. On Friday we went to Vicksburg to the Civil War park. We have driven through the park on many occasions, but decided to take it in strictly on foot. We took one of the medium length trails, which was six miles. It felt more like ten miles because of the hilly terrain that Vicksburg has. I wore Chuck Taylor shoes (what was I thinking?). It took us about three hours and by the end of it, I could barely walk. In fact, about halfway through, I collapsed onto a grassy hill and took a break. I got sunburned also, but I must say, I thoroughly enjoyed myself. I took some fantastic photos as well, of things I normally wouldn't notice if we were driving.

That evening, my friend Dorothy invited me to a salsa dance party in Fondren on the roof of the Fondren corner building (5th floor building). I haven't a clue as to how to salsa dance and also had massive blisters on my feet, but I went anyway and had a fantastic time (even though it was windy and in the 40's). I really want to take dance lessons now.

The next day, Saturday (yesterday), my back was hurting intensely and my legs were so sore I could barely walk. I really need to get into better shape!! I am still hurting today, but it was totally worth it because I had a really fun weekend.

Time to take a break and slow things down before my next adventure: the cruise to Cozumel and exploring Mayan ruins. I can't wait!

No comments: