Saturday, June 26, 2010

Ocean Springs

Something interesting happened on Thursday night at the Bible study. I had written a list of things that we should pray for, and of course I included the Gulf coast and the oil spill on the list. Also, lately, I've felt like God was telling me that I should work with teenagers in some form.



Anyway, I found out on Thursday that oil is starting to wash up on my beloved Ship Island. They found a dead sea turtle and some oil there. I'd already been having a rough day, and I locked myself in the bathroom at work and cried for about ten minutes. My special place. Being destroyed.



During the Bible study, I felt like God was whispering to me, something about moving to the coast. I've wanted to for some time. This oil spill thing makes me want to go even more. For some reason, the more awful things that happen down there (Katrina, oil spill, etc), the more I feel DRAWN there. Weird, I know.

I prayed that if it was God's will for us to move there, He'd show me. I logged onto AT&T's site and found that they are indeed hiring at the Ocean Springs center again. There are many problems with this plan, though: 1. Dav would have to find a job. There's a TV station in Biloxi but I'm not sure if they're hiring, 2. We are in a lease on our apartment through next May.

So maybe, I'm not meant to move there any time soon, but mark my words. I will be living on the coast before too long. I just can't shake the feeling. I need a change.

I don't want to be away from my family and friends, but it's really only 2 1/2 hours away, not that far at all.

We'll see.

No comments: